Monday, September 5, 2011

Once upon a time...

***WARNING***BLOG CONTAINS MUSHY LOVEY DOVEY MATERIAL***


As a little girl, you always dream about meeting PRINCE CHARMING. Tall, dark, handsome, and coming to rescue you on a white horse. There comes a point when you may think you'll never get there. Until you stop looking and BAM! There he is! That is what happened to me. I always think about and am grateful for having found my "Prince Charming"..FINALLY! Lord knows I kissed my share of frogs, so I thought I would share our story. You may not want to hear it but I want to relive it..from the beginning...and one day, when we're older and can't remember how it all began, I'll have this to look back on.



It was July 2009 and I had just graduated from NSU and began working at Homeland Healthcare. One of the training classes with three other new employees, in walks Chris. I remember his big blue eyes and trying not to blush. If you ask Chris what he remembers about that day, he will say my butt. Go figure. He likes big butts and he cannot lie. HOW ROMANTIC! He used to come in my office to "talk to my officemate" and I used to do the same. Any excuse to talk to each other. I know what you're thinking. You think we met at work, fell in love, and the rest is history. Not quite the case! We became good friends over the next few months and neither thought the other was interested. Which, clearly, was not the case! I told all of my friends he was everything I was ever looking for but I thought it was a dead end road. He wasn't interested, he lived an hour away, he just got out of a relationship (as did I), the odds were just against us!

I will never forget when I got his phone number. People from work were going to tailgate for the LSU Florida game and we exchanged numbers to meet up on campus. Chris had some liquid courage and called and text all day until I got there. That game is when it all began! After spending all day together and walking from one tailgate spot to another, Chris stopped to get some chapstick. I asked if I could have some and he puckered up so I went in for the kill. Although Chris will tell you that he did. See, before this game, there was lots of flirting but neither of us would budge. Chris never had to chase anyone and neither did I so, being the stubborn beings that we are, it took foreverrrrrr to break down the friendship wall and move forward. I guess you could say we have Burts Bees to thank.
(This picture was not the first ACTUAL kiss...But it was that DAY, so I had to include it!)












After that day, we were still not "officially" dating but God knows we wanted to be! The next time we saw each other was the weekend of NSU Homecoming 2009. The weekend we decided later was when we "officially" started dating. October 25, 2009. He was living in Deridder at the time and every weekend we would make an excuse to see each other until I finally kidnapped him the weekend of Thanksgiving and Missy & Doug Gibbons' wedding.
We started "dating" 2 days after this picture was taken!


While we were in Ruston for the wedding, we decided we should just move in together! After about a month of dating and we were moving in on December 15. Talk about the fast track! It's so cliche' but when you know, you know!



So, here we are almost 2 years later! Still stealing his Burts Bees kisses and living in our townhouse. We've had our ups, downs, good times, and bad, been through births, deaths, hangovers, and heartbreaks~ just like any normal functioning relationship. I don't know what the future holds but I know it's with him and that's all I need to know. I am thankful to have such a patient, loving, funny, sweet, hard working and handsome guy to share my day to day life with. I know I make him crazy some MOST times and I always joke and say "I don't know why you love me but I'm glad you do" and I am. He makes me want to do better, dream bigger, be a better person. Like a fine wine, I like to think that we both just get better with time.


No comments:

Post a Comment